Positive-Prayer

Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Checking in on the Journey"

It is a good thing to check in once in awhile on
our journey to see where we are, and if we are
moving in the direction we want.

This doesn't mean spending a lot of time thinking
about the past or beating ourselves up. What we
want to do is make a comparison of where we were
and where we are now.

It helps to see if we are caught up in excuses of
why we can't move forward in obtaining what we
want to be or to do.

Wayne Dyer lists 18 excuses in his book, "Excuses
Begone," and they are easy to recognize.

Excuses keep us from moving forward. We stay
paralyzed in "I can't because..."

When I felt the calling to go back to seminary I
was 52 yrs old, and two of my excuses were, "I'm
too old," and "I've been out of school for 35
yrs."

Other excuses came, too, but I didn't allow any
of them to keep me from going back to school, and
I was ordained in June 2006.

As you check in on your journey, are there excuses
that are holding you back? I invite you to laugh
at them and keep going. You will be glad you did!

Let Us Pray:
Living, loving Presence, we are so grateful for
Your presence on our journey. We depend upon Your
strength and Your light, and we know we are never
alone. We journey together. Thank You, God. Amen.


We love hearing from you and about your journey.
Thank you for your love and support. We are here
to support you.


Love & light,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home