Positive-Prayer

Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Relaxation"

One of the steps of the five step
prayer process taught in Unity
is "relaxation."

The antithesis of this is stress
and tightness of muscles.

This has really come into my
awareness recently because of
pain I've been experiencing in
one of my shoulders. As a
physical therapist was doing
his evaluation, I said, "If I
could learn to handle my stress
differently, I probably wouldn't
be having the pain in my
shoulders and neck." He said,
"You could be right."

Instead of being willing to relax
and let go, I hold on.

This can sometimes also be
reflected in my prayer life.
Instead of relaxing and allowing
the Spirit of God to do its
perfect work, I hold on and am
attached to the process or
outcome.

I'm grateful that God is Love,
and loves each one of us
right where we are on our
journey of awakening.

Let Us Pray:
Thank You, Sweet Spirit, for
Your mighty work in us, and
for Your presence that never
leaves us. We relax and let go.
We allow You to do Your work.
We are grateful. Amen.

You truly are the best. Thank
you for journeying along with
us.

Love,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home