Positive-Prayer

Saturday, January 28, 2012

"School of Life"

"There are things that we don't want
to happen but have to accept, things
we don't want to know but have to
learn, and people we can't live without
but have to let go." Author Unknown

My husband's mother used to say,
"Getting old ain't for sissies." And, I
think she said it because as you
continue to live it isn't always easy.

Life is a series of lessons that come
up for us, and we get to choose our
response to them.

A week ago a friend of mine who had
become prayer partners with me
almost two years ago died. This is
something that I didn't want to happen,
but I have to accept.

This is a part of the things we all don't
want to know, but we get to learn
about any way is that people really are
not immortal. You don't get out of here
alive. (You would think a hospice
nurse like me would realize this.)

One of the lessons I'm learning through
having two friends die within four months
of each other is to cherish the friends I
have now. A part of cherishing them is
to let them know it instead of putting it
off for another time.

I encourage you to learn from this
school of life, and cherish your friends or
work on what is yours to do now. Don't
put it off.

Let Us Pray:
Living, Loving Presence, we are grateful
for Presence leading, guiding, and
directing us in this school of life. We are
grateful for Comfort. We are blessed.
Amen.

Thank you so much for your friendship
and love. I feel so blessed.

Peace, Love, and Joy,
Sandy

1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Bernadette said…

    Sandy,

    Thanks for sharing your story with us. I send you hugs of comfort. Your prayerful messages are greatly appreciated every week.

    You are a blessing to us all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home