Positive-Prayer

Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Whole Life"

"The notion that work and worship are
separate activities is common but
incorrect. Live your life and do your
work in an attitude of adoration of the
Divine...Love God in everything you do."
Bhagavad Gita Chap 18:46

How often do we attempt to separate
our lives into work and worship?

When I was interviewed for my present
position they wanted to make sure I
knew what I was applying for: nurse,
not minister. They asked me what I
would do if a patient asked me to pray
with them.

I told them that if someone wanted me
to pray with them I would pray with them.

I, also, explained to them that I don't
compartmentalize my life into work or
worship.

My work is ministry. It is my opportunity
to see the Christ in the person in front of
me.

I wouldn't hesitate to pray with a patient
or family member or co-worker.

Praying with someone else is a great
privilege, and such an honor when I'm
asked to pray with someone for them-
selves or a loved one.

My work is a way to honor God. When
I attend a church or walk in nature or
spend time with loved ones, I can also
honor God.

How about you?

Let Us Pray:
Sweet Holy Spirit, we are grateful we
can worship you in every part of our
lives. You are fully Present with us at
all times. We are blessed. Amen.

I'm grateful for you. Thank you for your
love and support.

Grace-filled blessings,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home