Positive-Prayer

Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Getting to Know You"

"It doesn't interest me what you do for
a living. I want to know what you ache
for, and if you dare to dream of meeting
your heart's longing."
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

So many times it seems like I meet
people on a superficial level. What do
you do? Do you have children? etc.

Not that those questions aren't
important at all, because they are a
part of getting to know someone when
you first meet.

What I do want in my life are the
relationships that go deeper where both
of us feel safe in sharing our heart's
desires and where we can be real with
one another.

My prayer partner and I have developed
this kind of relationship.

Yes, we share some of our day to day
lives, but we also trust one another
enough to share "what we ache for..."

It is a treasure beyond diamonds and
pearls to have someone in your life
that truly accepts you for who you are
--extra poundage and all.

Do you have someone like this? If you
do, you understand, and if you don't I
encourage you to make this a priority.
You will be so glad you did.

Let Us Pray:
Living Loving Presence, we go within
and connect with You. We are grateful
for Your Presence and that we can
trust You with every part of our lives.
Thank You for the wonderful relationships
You have brought that encourage us and
support us on the journey. Amen.

"This is what I ache for: intimacy with
myself, others, and the world, intimacy
that touches the sacred in all that is life."
O.M.D.

Peace, Love, and Joy,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home