Positive-Prayer

Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Celebrating Age"

"It doesn't interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will risk looking
like a fool, for love, for your dream, for
the adventure of being alive."
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Today a good friend of mine died. She
was about twenty years older than I am,
but our age difference never meant a
thing to either one of us.

I count Bev as the person who got me
started on my road to recovery from
co-dependence and religious addiction.

She was not afraid to look like a fool
as she talked to others about things
that might help them to be able to live
their lives differently.

I will miss her greatly, and I'm so
grateful that she was there when I
needed her.

I think it is so sad when people get
caught up in ages, and miss the
opportunities of being able to share
their lives with people of different
generations.

I have several people older than I am
that I count on for their wisdom, and I
am grateful for some that are younger
that don't seem to mind hanging out
with me.

Together we live. Together we dream.

Let Us Pray:
Living Loving Presence, we value Your
Presence in us. We are grateful for
each person that comes into our lives
as we live this adventure. Thank You
for Bev. We are grateful. Amen.

I'm grateful for your faithfulness in
supporting this ministry.

Grace-filled blessings,
Sandy

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Bernadette Swanson said…

    Sandy,
    I celebrate your friend Bev's life with you! One of my best friends when I was 13 was my neighbor. She was like my "fairy grandmother." I could tell her things that I couldn't tell my parents. She was loving, wise, funny, inquisitive, and compassionate. We explored our community together. These special friendships are wonderful gifts of Life. I'm so glad that you had someone like Bev in your life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home