Positive-Prayer

Sunday, February 03, 2013

"Complaint Free"

    
"When you complain you make yourself a
victim. Either leave the situation,
change the situation or accept it. All
else is madness."
   - Mary Manin Morrissey

In studying the book "Excuses Begone!"
by Dr. Wayne Dyer, I learned that
complaining is using an excuse.

Complaining states that the reason I
didn't accomplish what I said I was
going to is because it was the fault
of someone else.

When I complain then I'm not taking
responsibility for my own actions. I
want to blame someone else.

Blaming someone else keeps us in the
past, instead of in this now moment
of where action needs to take place.

None of us want to think that we
are taking on a victim role, as
Mary Manin Morrissey states in our
quote.

But, isn't that just what we are
doing when we say it isn't our
fault?

What we need to do is "leave the
situation, change the situation,
or accept it."

The "Serenity Prayer": "God grant
me the serenity to accept the
things I cannot change, to change
the things I can, and the wisdom
to know the difference."

We become free from complaints when
we are willing to look at the
situation, and to take action, even
when that means "accept it."

Let Us Pray:
Consciously we go within and
connect with One Power, One
Presence. We are grateful for the
awareness that helps us to see our
lives, and to take responsibility
to be and to do what is ours to
be and do. We are blessed. Amen.

I'm grateful for you and the love
and support I receive from you.

Grace-filled blessings,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home