Positive-Prayer

Sunday, April 18, 2010

"People Pleaser?"

Recently my beloved husband
asked me what I was afraid of
when I write my newsletter, or
as we call them "snippets."

He said that I have a message
to bring that no one else will
give in exactly the same way
or to the same people.

The Buddhists call the chatter
of our minds "monkey mind,"
and I realized that my old
people pleasing, banana eating,
monkey mind had been present.
I had been afraid to write about
some things because I didn't
want people to get upset or quit
subscribing to my "snippets."

Oh well. So I fed the monkey
a banana, and decided that
telling the truth and being
authentic in my ministry is
important to me. I will do the
best I can, and allow people
to make their own decisions
about what I write.

My desire is to walk in the
footsteps of our master
teacher, Jesus, who could
never be called a people
pleaser. He came to do
the Father's work.

How about you? Is there any
place in your life where you are
allowing monkey mind to rule
instead of being authentic?

Let Us Pray:
Divine Spirit, we desire to be
open, receptive, responsive,
and obedient to Your instruction
and guidance in our lives. Our
prayer is that we will not allow
anything to hinder our journey
and our willingness. Here we
are. We say "yes!" Amen.

You are the best, and I am
grateful for you.

Love,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home