Positive-Prayer

Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Not My Business"

"What you think of me is none of my
business." Terry Cole-Whittaker

Isn't it interesting that we can get so
hung up on what other people are
thinking about us?

The thing is, it is really egotistical to
think people are thinking about us.
Most of the time they aren't.

"Does It Matter?
"Does it matter, friend, I ask,
what other persons do?
"What they think and what they say
can never injure you.
"Nor their words or deeds unkind
can injure you the least,
"If from unkind thoughts you are free,
from thinking fear have ceased."
-Frank B. Whitney

The only thoughts we have any control
over are our own thoughts.

If we focus on the negative things we
see, then we will find negative things
to think about.

We gather evidence to support our
conclusions, and find even more to think
about.

It is up to us to choose negative or
positive thoughts, and to release what
someone else may or may not be
thinking about us, because it really
isn't any of our business!

Let Us Pray:
We relax and go within. We connect
with the Allness that is us. We release
thoughts that do not serve us. We seek
Love, and we are grateful for the
enlightenment that is ours. Amen.

Thinking of you and wishing for you the
Highest and Best.

Grace-filled blessings,
Sandy

1 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Bernadette said…

    I love that book title by Terry Cole-Wittaker! It certainly reminds me not to give any power to what others think of me. My focus is to always be on my Source. Am I expressing Source as best I can at any given moment?

    Getting compliments does not mean that we are on the right track any more than getting criticized means we are on the wrong track.

    We have to decide what is right for us and where Spirit is pulling us to go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home