Positive-Prayer

Saturday, May 05, 2012

"Path or Trail?"

“Do not go where the path may lead;
go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote reminds me of how I feel
when I go hiking with my husband, and
he wants to go off of the path and take
a "short cut."

I admit, I would rather stay on the path
that has already been well worn, rather
than stumble in grass where I can't see
hidden rocks and rough ground.

If we always choose to stay on the path
in our own lives it may feel safer. Safer
because someone else has already
uncovered the obstacles for us, and we
seem to have a clear direction of where
we are headed..

When we look at the stories of the
heroes in the Bible they were risk-takers.
Abraham left the land of his father to go
to a land he didn't know. Moses led the
Israelites out of Egypt for 40 years.
Jesus pointed people to the Christ with
in instead of the angry God they had
always worshiped.

It is up to each one of use to decide if
we choose safety or are we willing to
do things differently and start our own
trail.

Let Us Pray:
Spirit within us in every cell of our bodies.
We go forth with courage blazing a new
trail, expressing as You. We are grateful
for Guidance that is ours. Amen.

I'm grateful for you, and wish you blessings
on your journey.

Light, Love, Peace, and Joy,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home